My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I am the Maya half of Maya & Sage. I am the one who is prone to writing down flashes of what seem like insights and often turning those into songs or bhajans. I used to think I knew who I was, part of a married duo called Maya & Sage, Spirit Singers out to spread the energy of love and healing to the world. Now, I am seeing the possibilities of being even more than that. Many folks have asked us to write about our adventure into the unknown. To occasionally describe what our life is like with a saint guiding us to deeper truths. Our wish is to keep in touch. We will do our best to update you now and then and post the musings of Maya along the way. We hold you all close in our hearts and we are here if you need special prayers and healing. We are happy to practice the ancient ways as we learn to be healing lights in the world. Another way to keep up with our adventures and schedule is through our website.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Wonder in India

February 2, 2007

Looking out at the most beautiful desert mountains filled with ancient rock formations, old temples, and caves, I wonder. So much has happened over time. Saints and kings, Muslims, Hindus, and Jains, war and deep peace, I wonder, where do I fit? Have I been here before? How many times? Why have I returned?

In this world with so much injustice, the balance seems dangerously to the negative side. I can feel the immense negativity in me. Wanting all my life to know the truth of my being, fighting the resistance in me, seeing how much I identify with this human life, wanting comfort, safety and meaning, longing to be nice, sing sweet, do good things and yet falling short of amazing potential within me.

That’s why I sit here in this holy land this time around. I found a tour guide, someone who knows the way in. The road is hot and dusty, the elements unpredictable. There is something inside me that has always been, that is moving my feet, beating my heart, and breathing my breath. That something, this guide, this lifetime, mysteriously combining and playing as I sit in wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home