My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, California, United States

I am the Maya half of Maya & Sage. I am the one who is prone to writing down flashes of what seem like insights and often turning those into songs or bhajans. I used to think I knew who I was, part of a married duo called Maya & Sage, Spirit Singers out to spread the energy of love and healing to the world. Now, I am seeing the possibilities of being even more than that. Many folks have asked us to write about our adventure into the unknown. To occasionally describe what our life is like with a saint guiding us to deeper truths. Our wish is to keep in touch. We will do our best to update you now and then and post the musings of Maya along the way. We hold you all close in our hearts and we are here if you need special prayers and healing. We are happy to practice the ancient ways as we learn to be healing lights in the world. Another way to keep up with our adventures and schedule is through our website.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Spiritual Vocabulary

In spiritual circles discussions can quickly turn from normal family, career, and sports topics to things like illusion, karma, and dharma. I am currently swimming in this sea and I contemplate words like this daily.

What is illusion? How is it different for the normal everyday life and for the spiritual soul researcher? What is karma? How does it affect me and the people I love and care about? What is dharma and how do I know it in my life different from desire or illusion or even karmic debt being played out in my current life? Is this the longing to know how it all works and who I really am?

It is a gnawing feeling to be in such mystery and know there is so much more to every move than meets the eye. It is hard to trust my humanness and yet I live in this body and operate from here. How do I make peace with it all?

I can hear Jonathan’s voice now, ” Do your sadhana and build resistance power. Build your protection circles and just keep going in faith and patience.” We are so blessed, having had such incredible guidance from our teachers Jonathan and Alx. They are never afraid to tell it like it is and we were prepared before coming here. We heard references and stories about the illusion. We were always encouraged to be honing in on what we deeply want. We talked about karma and yet, to be here peeling back the beliefs and looking at the essence of these words leaves me speechless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home